- 1 1 Cup Rice Ada (ready made available)
- 1.5 1.5 Cups Jaggery (Sharkara)
- 2 2 Cups Thin Coconut Milk (Dilute)
- 1 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 8 8 Pieces Cashew nuts
- 1/4 1/4 Teaspoon Dry Ginger Powdered (Chukku)
- 10 10 Pieces Kismis (Raisins)
- 1/4 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom (Powdered)
- 4 4 Tablespoons Ghee
- 2 2 Tablespoons Coconut bits
Boil ada in 3 cups of water. Once it becomes soft, remove from flame and strain it. Add 2 cups of cold water to it and drain out the water completely and keep it aside. (This is done to prevent the ada from sticking to each other.)
Melt Jaggery with 2 cups of water by heating it under low flame and strain it to remove impurities if any.
In a deep bottom pan, combine melted jaggery, cooked ada and 3 tsp of ghee. Cook on medium heat till the mixture becomes thick and start separating from the pan. Once it thickens, add the thin coconut milk . Cook on medium flame until it thickens again.
Now add the thick coconut milk , cardamom powder and dry ginger powder to it. Stir it well for one minute and remove from the stove.
Heat 1 tsp of ghee and fry the cashew nuts, raisins and coconut bits separately and add to the Payasam mix. Serve it hot.
If the payasam is very thick, you can dilute it to your preference by adding more coconut milk (Thick).
View all Recipes by Admin