Mutta Roast Recipe/ Egg Roast Recipe/ Nadan Mutta Roast Kerala style
- 3-4 Boiled Eggs Slit lightly on the surface
- 4 Onion sliced finely
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 1 inch Ginger chopped finely
- 4-5 Garlic sliced finely
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 2 2 Teaspoons Corinder powder
- 1/4 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Green Chilli slit fine
- 1/2 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1/2 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 1/2 Teaspoon Saunf (Perumjeerakam)
- 1/2 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- A few Curry leaves
- 2 2 Tablespoons Veg Oil/Coconut Oil
- 1 1 Cup Water
- Salt to taste
Mix together all the powder ingredients with little water to make a smooth paste
Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. After it splutters add saunf.
Add Ginger and Garlic . Stir for one minute
Now Add onions and saute well till its golden brown in color
Now add the powder paste and mix well. Saute well for 5 minutes till oil separates from the masala.
Now add the tomato pieces, salt and enough water to cook.. Keep it covered for 3 minutes till the tomatoes are fully cooked.
Mash the tomatoes with a spoon till it is blended well. When the gravy becomes thick, add the eggs..
Cover the eggs fully with the gravy.
Add some more curry leaves on top.
Keep it covered and cook in low flame for another 2-3 minutes till the gravy is roasted and the masala is nicely coated on the eggs.
Tips.. If the gravey is too thick.. you may add 1/2 cup coconut milk which really makes it more tasty!.
You may again garnish with cut Tomatoes, and Onion.
Serve hot with Appam , Rotis, Chappati, Puttu and breads.
View all Recipes by Admin