Vegetable Pulao/ Pressure Cooker Vegetable Pulao Kerala style recipe
- 2 2 Cups Basmathi Rice
- 1/2 1/2 Cup Chopped Beans
- 3/4 3/4 Cups Chopped Carrot
- 1/3 1/3 Cup Green Peas
- 1/2 1/2 Cup Potato Chopped
- 3 no. Green Chillies chopped
- 1 1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste (inji-veluthulli paste)
- 1/2 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 2 Teaspoons Fennel Seeds/ Perum jeerakam
- 1 Cinnamon / Patta (1 small stick)
- 3 nos Grambu/ cloves
- 2 nos Cardamom/ Elakka
- 1 Star Anise / Thakkolam
- 1-2 Bay leaf
- 2 2 Tablespoons Ghee / Oil
- 4 4 Cups Boiled water
- 8 nos Cashew nuts (optional)
- 5 nos Raisins
- Coriander leaves a few
- 1 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice ( optional)
Soak Basmathi rice for 30 minutes. Drain and keep it aside.
Heat Ghee/ Oil in a pressure cooker. Add all the spices..(Cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, fennel, star anise). Fry for one minute.
Add Ginger - Garlic paste.. Saute for one minute.
Now add all the chopped vegetables and green chillies.. Mix well and stir for about 5-7 minutes.
Add turmeric powder and salt. Add Cashews and Raisins. Mix well
Finally add soaked rice and mix well for about 2 minutes.
Add boiled water and mix well. Close the pressure cooker and cook in medium flame till the first whistle blows..
Remove from stove. As soon as the steam is completely released, transfer it to a bowl. Add lemon juice(optional).
Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Salad, Raitha and pappad
View all Recipes by Admin